Express Scripts Pharmacy Manager in Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy, with regional services across the country, is transforming the Canadian prescription drug landscape and the way patients make decisions about their medications.
We are actively looking for a Pharmacy Manager to run the day-to-day operations of the Manitoba Pharmacy, currently operating weekdays Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Do you want to work together with a great team improving patient lives?
- Do you want to make a difference and improve patient health outcomes?
In this role you will manage the day-to-day operation of a bulk dispensing / home delivery pharmacy. You will plan, coordinate, direct, and participate in all activities related to the dispensing, delivery, receipt and handling of medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines.
You will work to develop policies, procedures and business work plans for the site. You will oversee production levels and customer service standards in addition to hiring, training, and evaluating pharmacy colleagues as together with the Director, Pharmacy Operations or equivalent.
- Manages team performance & development. Works to develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues. Oversees hiring and training.
- Manages clinical aspects and professional standards of pharmacy. Develops, tracks and monitors staff and site compliance to local pharmacy regulations, quality, & service standards.
- Works with pharmacy management to develop and communicate strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management. Assists in budget development and compliance.
- Works with management to analyze operations and efficiency of the pharmacy. Implements operational & system improvements. Works to improve production levels and lower costs to meet corporate goals.
- Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within the pharmacy.
- Provides support for Pharmacy Operations and team members during peak work volumes including patient counselling, prescription review and verification, and other patient-centric tasks. Provides day-to-day Pharmacist scheduling in the pharmacy to accommodate business needs. Work with management to determine the need for overtime.
- May facilitate tours for client visits. Special projects as assigned.
- RPh. or Pharm D required, degree in management or finance or equivalent is an asset
- Four to six years of experience supervising in a pharmacy;
- Experience in the pharmacy benefits management industry, managing and/or working in a bulk pharmacy dispensing facility (e.g., home delivery, LTC, specialty pharmacy) is an asset
- Current Manitoba pharmacy licensure in good standing
- PC skills including Microsoft office, email and internet, Kroll experience preferred
- Knowledge of current pharmacy regulations; Experience with strategic planning and budgeting is ideal
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and proactive and optimistic management style; Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service; Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions; Excellent communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule during peak times, and infrequent travel within Canada
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.