Express Scripts Pharmacy Automation Engineer in Whitestown, Indiana
The Pharmacy Automation Engineer is primarily responsible for providing first-level electrical and process Controls support for a highly-automated pharmaceutical filling and packaging system. Perform emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance activities to restore equipment. In addition, key responsibilities will involve implementing equipment and system upgrades, engineering change controls, and continuousimprovements. Position will support equipment installations, upgrades, or equipment expansions. Automation engineer also trains, mentors, and supports the development of other team members.
- Troubleshoot, Install, and Repair automated production equipment, to include Electrical Controls, PLC programming, Robotic controls, Servos, Applications, PC’s, and Data/Information transfer. Responsible for the technical support of Robot and PLC based hardware and software.
- Performs advanced level troubleshooting on Automated Equipment by using and understanding Electrical, Mechanical, and Pneumatic drawings and schematics, and using special test equipment and tools.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for reliability events and related deficiencies.
- Ensures system availability by providing high level technical support. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Plans and Implements automated equipment and process modifications. Works with Developers, Designers, and other Engineers to improve quality of processes and equipment. Communicates with management on project goals and status. Drives improvement.
- Participates in continuous improvement studies, statistical analysis and functional reviews of unit operations. Performs other assignments and special projects from the Development, and Sr. Engineering teams.
- Works with Developers and Vendors to provide expert judgment and analysis regarding the design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems. Work with operation partners to understand operating systems and assist in disaster recovery of automation equipment.
- Provide technical training for Electro-Mechanical Technicians as well as other Pharmacy Automation Engineers.
- Occasionally requests quotes and orders parts and materials required for projects and maintenance such as equipment rebuilds or project related jobs. Ensures equipment parts inventory accuracy by checking out required items from existing inventories
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 6 years of experience. Associates degree a plus..
- 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and repairing automated control systems in an emergency and corrective maintenance capacity within a production environment; Advanced Electrical and Controls knowledge, skills, and troubleshooting required; programming and troubleshooting experience using RSLOGIX 5000 platform ishighly-desired.
- Advanced Mechanical and Pneumatic skills and troubleshooting preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and use of software, tools, and procedures needed to repair precision electro-mechanical machinery successfully is required.
- Knowledge and use of Automation Software including: RS Logix 5000, RSView / Factory Talk, DEVICENET, FANUC/ADEPT robotics, and Cognex strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal shift hours, including occasional weekends, as needed to satisfy operational requirements in support of customer demand. Minimal travel to other ESI facilities or vendor training sites is possible.
- Ability to work 2rd shift (Sunday - Thursday from 2PM- 10:30PM)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”?Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day.We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 100 million people we serve
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.