Express Scripts Pharmaceutical Buyer in Whitestown, Indiana
Work with the pharmacy to establish product/service requirements. Execute drug contracts after negotiation. Order drugs and supplies for the pharmacy. Monitor and forecast the drug usage for the pharmacy in order to determine what supplies are needed to meet demand.Locate drugs at manufacturer level if vendor does not have drug on hand to supply. Work with management to set annual cost savings targets and report monthly on performance against targets.Manage the data to support failure to supply.
- Work with the pharmacy to establish product/service requirements. Order pharmaceuticals and supplies for the pharmacy.
- Maintain all backorder information. Research and maintain statistics of all items missing from the pharmacy floor.
- Maintain and verify drug inventory controls are at a level to meet customer demand. Participate in drug inventories. Assist the call center management with customer issues and communications when drugs are out of stock.
- Verify and resolve outstanding purchase orders.
- Compile monthly reports on performance against targets and monitor, track and report pharmacy inventory monthly.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 6 to 8 years of experience.
- 0-2 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- Up to two years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills and complex problem solving skills; Strong math skills; Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload; excellent verbal and written communication skills; Contracting experience preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Members of the Procurement department evaluate our policies and procedures to ensure we remain efficient, competitive and at the forefront of the evolution of health care. One of the main areas of responsibility is the purchasing of goods and services for the organization from approved vendors. Additionally, the procurement team must collaboratively provide information and guidelines to the entire enterprise to facilitate the procurement process.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.