Express Scripts Director, Operations in Whitestown, Indiana
This position is responsible for the management and direction of an individual operation. The role will plan, coordinate and direct order entry, order production for dispensing, verification of prescriptions within corporate and regulatory guidelines. The job function is responsible for managing quality, cost and service targets along with client-specific SLA requirements. This role may also include Pilot pharmacy responsibilities such as managing portfolio of projects, driving change management and rollout to core pharmacies. The position is responsible for annual strategic planning for site operation and will set and manage budget to meet corporate cost-per-fill goals. Periodically report site production and costs to management.
- Responsible for managing and driving the execution of the Pilot portfolio of projects, delegating responsibility to Pilot team members, project support resources and core site pharmacy leaders for driving change management.
- Ensure quality and service standards are maintained along with client-specific contractual requirements.
- Oversee implementation of new clients.
- Foster ongoing client relationships by troubleshooting escalated issues.
- Responsible for managing the Pilot pharmacy performance to cost-to-fill, HD service level targets and DPMO targets recruitment, performance reviews and development of Mail Order Staff.
- Develop and build leadership talent and capability within their team and direct reports.
- Providing stretch learning and development assignments to leaders reporting to this Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience.
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience.
- Pharmacy Technician License.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent PC Skills including Microsoft Office suite, Internet and Outlook
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation and a proactive and optimistic management style.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service.
- Ability to manage toward budget, service and quality goals.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.