Express Scripts Warehouse Assistant - Accredo in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for performing tasks related to receiving product, stocking and replenishment, and inventory control. This includes safely unloading trucks and unpacking received product, comparing the purchase order to the product received for accuracy, counting quantities of product received and ensuring the quality of the product is at an acceptable level, and removing damaged or non-conforming product using data entry and retrieval devices to record receipt transaction (using scanners and computer input). In addition, this position safely transfers material from receiving area to warehouse or dispensing locations and ensures proper stock rotation—utilizing PDAs to update the inventory system. The Warehouse Assistant also audits shelf counts for accuracy, reviews inventory for short-dated and expired product, and reports discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Safely unpack and evaluate incoming product for correct count and condition in comparison to purchase orders.
- Safe operation of material handling equipment and hand tools such as forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and electric), carts, dollies, box cutters, wire cutters, etc.—to unload trucks and stock the warehouse/pharmacy.
- Accurate data entry and retrieval using computers, and scanners (PDA).
- Bin and shelf inventory maintenance and stock rotation—including shelf counts, short shelf life and expired product audits.
- Communicate discrepancies or issues as they are occur to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned work stations and areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to accurately compare two sets of data.
- Basic math, organization, computer, and communication skills.
- Ability to do repetitive bending, squatting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and hand motions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate heavy work volumes.
- Ability to walk/stand for full shift.
- Bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and differentiate small print.
- DSCSA working knowledge/experience preferred.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.