Express Scripts Warehouse Assistant - Accredo in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for performing tasks related to receiving product, stocking and replenishment, and inventory control. This includes safely unloading trucks and unpacking received product, comparing the purchase order to the product received for accuracy, counting quantities of product received and ensuring the quality of the product is at an acceptable level, and removing damaged or non-conforming product using data entry and retrieval devices to record receipt transaction (using scanners and computer input). In addition, this position safely transfers material from receiving area to warehouse or dispensing locations and ensures proper stock rotation—utilizing PDAs to update the inventory system. The Warehouse Assistant also audits shelf counts for accuracy, reviews inventory for short-dated and expired product, and reports discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Safely unpack and evaluate incoming product for correct count and condition in comparison to purchase orders.
- Safe operation of material handling equipment and hand tools such as forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and electric), carts, dollies, box cutters, wire cutters, etc.—to unload trucks and stock the warehouse/pharmacy.
- Accurate data entry and retrieval using computers, and scanners (PDA).
- Bin and shelf inventory maintenance and stock rotation—including shelf counts, short shelf life and expired product audits.
- Communicate discrepancies or issues as they are occur to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned work stations and areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or required.
- 0-1 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to accurately compare two sets of data.
- Basic math, organization, computer, and communication skills.
- Ability to do repetitive bending, squatting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and hand motions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate heavy work volumes.
- Ability to walk/stand for full shift.
- Bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and differentiate small print.
- DSCSA working knowledge/experience preferred.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran