Express Scripts Sr. Pharmacy Technician - Accredo in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
The Front End Pharmacy Tech uses full knowledge of the job to perform activities that support pharmacy management operations under general supervision in the administration of pharmacy benefit for lines of business. Typically a certified pharmacy technician.
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient’s profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Work with pharmacists per work instructions, policy and procedures, management direction or any national or state regulations.
- Quality assurance, prescriber and patient outreach and adverse event reporting.
- Serve as SME and assist with questions/issues for team members in coordination with supervisor.
- May perform training Assists with training of co-workers.
- Participate in Lean and continuous improvement efforts internal and external to the department.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in a Specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
- Valid Pharmacy Technician license / certification / registration as required by state laws.
- Basic math skills and general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email required. Strong verbal and written communication skills desired.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
- Ability to learn internal systems, processes and programs as needed.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of complex specialty therapies and processes.
- Ability to handle high stress situations.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong time management skills.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.