Express Scripts Patient Care Advocate II - Accredo in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
Work closely along with the drug interaction pharmacist team. Completing corrections for the drug interaction team processing refill too soon orders for drug interaction, C30 edits and quality review orders -initiation of phone outreach to prescribers and transfer of call to the drug interaction pharmacist. Document issues and resolution in a common database. Help to identify repetitive problems or questions in order to pursue process or procedural changes. May assist supervisor with work distribution and work plan development. Escalate issues as necessary.
- Handle inbound clients calls and written correspondence and questions via the web while maintaining service levels.
- Make independent judgments in order to respond to complex or critical customer issues.
- May take overflow calls from members, physicians and providers.
- Work with other operational departments to research and resolve mail order and claims issues and respond to members, clients and account managers within performance agreement guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries.
- Identify, document and report all repetitive questions and/or problems and recommend potential solutions.
- Assist with work distribution, expedition, and the development of work plans for reps.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Provide on-the -job training for new or existing reps.
- Work collaboratively with other CSA’s/CSR’s to ensure that best-practices are shared.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment learns quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak call times.
Would you like to learn more about this role? Please CLICK HERE to learn more about the Specialty PCA in Warrendale.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.