Express Scripts Billing & Reimbursement Specialist II in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
Perform general accounts receivable functions in accordance with standard procedures. Verify patient information, processes payments, files, prepares and assists in report preparations. Research any cash application problems.Follow standard operating procedures to collect payment on basic outstanding claims in pursuit of reducing the company's accounts receivable. Requires basic knowledge of the billing and collection processes and general supervision for routine work.
- Prepare and review claims to ensure billing accuracy.
- Pursue collection activities to obtain reimbursement from payers and/or patients.
- Frequent follow up with payers and/or patients on outstanding accounts.
- Escalate delinquent and/or complex claims to Sr. Billing & Reimbursement Specialists for appropriate action.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- PC Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet .
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
- Integrity to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer / disability / veterans