Express Scripts Sr Purchasing Manager in Tempe, Arizona
This position leads and manages the day to day pharmacy purchasing practices for at least one Express Scripts mail order locations. This team will have tactical responsibility for procurement and inventory replenishment of pharmaceutical drugs and supplies. Responsible to meet established goals, provide timely response to site partners and maintain and implement internal purchasing processes and procedures. The position requires partnering with site operations, corporate purchasing, finance, strategic drug sourcing and outside suppliers. Develop and implement strategic solutions to safe guard book of business, add value, produce cost savings and identify process improvements for the company.
- Analyze, monitor and identify trends in product availability and inventory. Use reports and tools to review and optimize inventory control and replenishments
- Recommend and implement process improvements and cost savings with internal/external customers
- Monitor and participate in the resolution of supplier performance issues to ensure ESI performance and quality standards are met
- Lead purchasing team in meeting day to day sourcing, replenishment, accuracy and planning functions.
- Monitor and mentor team using the Expressway values
- Communicate ESI & individual job performance expectations and goals
- Partner with site leadership to provide exceptional internal and external customer service
- Lead team in purchasing related contractual and regulatory requirements, adhere to ESI corporate purchasing direction, guidelines, tools, policies and procedures and obtain the most cost effective and efficient products and services available from ESI approved suppliers
- Manage drug and supply spend, and inventory investment to budget on a monthly basis
- Participate in and drive the development and deployment of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Socialize the replenishment model and work collaboratively with all levels of leadership and business partners
- Special projects and otherduties/responsibilitiesas assigned
- Develop presentations, reporting, metrics, process flows, compile and analyze data to support contracts
- BA/BS or equivalent Supply chain or Finance preferred
- 8 - 12 years of purchasing experience
- 5 + years of prior management experience of increasing responsibility
- MS Office working knowledge required
- Oracle experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to travel 30%
- Organization and detail oriented
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to analyze data and trends to propose solution
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran