Express Scripts Staff Internal Auditor in St. Louis, Missouri
The Staff Internal Auditor works with audit management and business management to identify internal areas or functions needing review and plans for necessary audits. This position conducts reviews of medium complexity or assists with more complex reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities. The Staff Internal Auditor evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls over the activities reviewed. This position will report findings to business management and recommend necessary corrective action and process improvements. May provide training and act as a mentor to less experienced team members.
Position will assist the Government Audit department in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve operations at Express Scripts. Government Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
- Knowledge of audit standards, policies and procedures.
- Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control.
- Plans or assists in planning, the scope of the audit, and prepares or assists in preparing the audit program.
- Surveys functions and activities in assigned areas under review to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control in achieving established objectives.
- Prepares formal written reports, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control.
- Makes, or assists in making, oral or written presentation to management during and at the conclusion of the examination, discusses deficiencies, recommends corrective action, and suggests improvement in operations and reductions in cost.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience 2 - 5 Years.
- Understanding of business operations and processes helpful.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with ESI Management.
- Knowledge of the PBM or healthcare industry helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Finance's primary responsibilities include financial reporting & analysis, corporate taxes, accounts payable, billing and collections, financial planning and monitoring, underwriting, cash management, risk management, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, mergers and acquisitions activity, internal audit, client audit, pharmacy audit and investor relations.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran