Express Scripts Sr. Project Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Project Manager’s primary objective is to facilitate and complete the project deliverables by coordinating with project members and partners both internal and external. The Sr. Project Manager Plays a key role in the project success by obtaining and documenting needed tasks for successful project completion, ascertaining and implementing needed project management approach (phased, sub-teams etc.), identifying risks, and escalating roadblocks encountered while communicating project status throughout the project lifecycle. The Sr. Project Manager contributes (travel 25+ %) an active role in projects by participating in continuous improvement events and supporting the facilitation of event deliverables.
- Manages multiple projects comprised of five or more cross functional teams.
- Independently develops and gains approval from project sponsor for project charter.
- Develop project task plan with all key milestones required to achieve business objectives.
- Self-sufficiently develop project approach (key stakeholders, need for sub-teams, phases, operating mechanisms, etc.).
- Objectively plan and execute project kickoff to launch the project.
- Independently develops Risk management plan which includes Risk identification, Risk Mitigation planning, execution and tracking, escalates risks when needed.
- Supports projects that define and implement major process improvements across an entire department or multiple business functions.
- Supports lean events by leveraging lean tools experience, applies tools through facilitation and during project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14-18 years of relevant work experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience (i.e, project management, program management)
- PMP preferred.
- Proficient to Intermediate MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required.
- Proficiency with project management software to effectively outline and track tasks that drive to milestone completion.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem identification and resolution skills required.
- Demonstrated self-initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners in various functional areas and at all levels of management.
- Understanding of continuous improvement principles to grasp and communicate “the why” in the process to achieve results.
- Solid leadership skills, demonstrated ability to lead, oversee and motivate cross functional teams in a complex corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against aggressive goals.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry a plus.
- Proven ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently as well as work independently.
- Ability to identify and engage cross-functional teams in support of project completion, while obtaining needed buy-in from stakeholders.
- Understanding of Lean principals and agile methodology.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Operations Division enables the organization to reach its business goals by optimizing operational performance. They accomplish this through a shared service model, utilizing specialized resources and providing cross-functional insight to ensure quality and consistency for our members and clients.
This division is made up of several key teams including Member & Home Delivery Services, Strategy & Transformation, Analytics, and Quality & Process Improvement.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.