Express Scripts Sr. Project Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Strategy & Planning department is a shared services group that primarily provides strategy, project management, and change management services to the PBM Services organization. Our mission is to partner with business owners and key stakeholders to define and implement strategic change. We accomplish this through alignment with the PBM Services Strategy and focusing on improving the client, patient, prescriber and employee experiences.
The Strategy & Planning (S&P) department is primarily organized by the PBM Services stakeholder experiences we serve (i.e. Client Experience, Patient Experience, Prescriber Experience, and Employee Experience). We currently have an opening for a Sr. Project Manager who will lead and support PBM Services business planning/strategy work (such as strategy definition, portfolio and value management, work intake, budgeting) and Employee Experience projects and process improvement efforts (focus on employee communications, development, appreciation, and feedback loops). The Senior PM will be accountable for managing multiple projects in support of this assigned scope of responsibility. This position plays a key leadership role in partnering with our stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and drive forward the most critical initiatives that will provide the greatest impact and value to our organization. The Sr PM must be a subject matter expert in supporting teams through use of project management methodologies and ensuring project objectives / organizational goals are met. The Sr PM is truly a strategic partner and is expected to develop creative and innovative solutions and be held accountable for the value provided by the project. The Senior PM must be highly effective at communicating and influencing through various communication channels. The Sr PM must also be very proactive in project / strategic planning and able to foresee and mitigate risks to ensure goals are achieved. Within the S&P team environment, all Senior PMs are responsible for helping develop our team vision and success measures, ensuring project initiatives align to department goals, and providing ongoing status reports and presentations through the life cycle of projects. Sr PMs are expected to coach junior PMs and align with peers to ensure the S&P team is represented well to our stakeholders and we are leveraging best practices across the department.
- Strategically own the value realization of assigned projects and provide input into long-term vision of project management support.
- Accountable for managing projects: Define scope, develop project plans, manage project milestones, develop and execute appropriate communication plans with stakeholders, develop relationships with cross functional partners and align project timelines to ensure projects are completed meeting all stakeholder needs. Provide weekly/monthly progress reports to management as needed.
- Develop periodic and ad hoc reporting and communications to be used for projects, management reporting, departmental scorecards (when appropriate) and manage distribution to agreed to timelines.
- Independently mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Keep stakeholders and leadership informed with the appropriate cadence level and detail provided. Know how to adapt communication style to audience. Know when direct leader needs to be engaged.
- Work collaboratively with other ESI business units to automate processes, improve functionality, identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement and drive process improvements.
- Provide education, training and presentations on project updates, new processes and tools for users.
- Create and maintain user documentation, policies and procedures when deemed appropriate.
- Keep all material organized and accessible by team members.
- Collaborate with team members and share knowledge.
- Promote the PBM Services strategy and specifically, the Employee Experience strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or 14-18 years relevant work experience; MBA preferred
- 8-12 years relevant work experience
- 5 years direct project management experience (primary job responsibility)
- Extensive knowledge of project management fundamentals
- PMP certification preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all professional levels; include senior level management
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously without compromising quality
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, driving performance and executing on deliverables while leveraging tools and techniques
- Experience compiling data, pulling out insights and making recommendations per the data; ability to make data relatable and summarize for leadership
- Strong planning, problem identification and resolution skills required
- Strong MS Office knowledge and extensive experience using PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and SharePoint
- Ability to work independently and proactively, and self-start new ideas and initiatives
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Optimism and curiosity
- Great character (integrity, honesty, respectfulness, compassion, self-control, and valuing of commitments)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of PBM Services is to meet market needs for speed, flexibility and reliability, while driving and influencing best operational practices. PBM Services includes Client and Benefit Administration, Manual Claims Processing, Eligibility, Quality Control, Implementation and the Client Service Center. These centralized functions support the client lifecycle throughout the enterprise, helping to “get it right the first time” and thereby increasing client satisfaction and reducing waste and the cost of rework.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.