Express Scripts Sr. Network Security Engineer, Firewall in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Network Security engineer is a technical position within the Technology organization of Express Scripts. The position reports to a Sr. Manager responsible for security infrastructure.
- Ensure adherence to Express Scripts security design principles and information protection policies.
- Act as a technical lead for complex security infrastructure projects. Use existing and new capability in order to improve security, reduce overall attack surface, and provide security related visibility into network systems and services.
- Develop, document, and implement security best practices.
- Mentor operations team engineers.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure control effectiveness of security infrastructure.
- Consult with IT applications owners on security related issues and architecture.
- Monitor ongoing performance and capability of systems and recommend updates or modifications according to the current threat landscape.
- Work closely with the risk management organization on security related issues (incident response, vulnerability management, regulatory audits).
- 8-10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 6-10 years of experience with a Master's degree; 14-18 years with no Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in network security concepts, tools, and design
- Strong experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of Cisco ASA and/or Check Point firewalls in a large enterprise environment.
- TCP/IP based networking (addressing, routing, OSI model)
- Basic administrative experience with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of advanced network engineering principles, communications industry standards, and developing technologies
- Analytical Abilities - Analytical and information gathering skills allow for effective assessment of business risks and exposures. Problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to resolve cross-platform problems or to develop security risk solutions.
- Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience. Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Independence - Works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
- Mentoring - Mentor to other analysts and operations personnel
- Administration - Handles some routine daily administrative tasks associated with data security and specific project assignments including creating documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives prioritizing work as needed.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran