Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Technical Product Owner in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Manager of Technical Product will lead and develop a team of Technical Product Owners (TPO). Technical Product Owner's are responsible for defining technical functional requirements for a group of defined products. These requirements will form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve business asks.
- Build, own and manage a technical product roadmap from features to prioritize capabilities and opportunities.
- Plan and drive solutions through leading and developing a team of technical product owners.
- Collaborate with other business functional groups to optimize business and financial case and garner cross functional buy-in.
- Drive the team and ensure that all are working toward a common goal by elaborating on stories during Sprint planning, approving new stories and adding feedback during Sprint review and participating in retrospectives.
- Provide leadership support to scrum teams by handling impediments and potential roadblocks.
- Optimize execution by working with engineering teams to deliver solutions that meets multiple needs (eg. Configurable applications that require minimal customization for various pillars).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential.
- Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
- Experience with clinical products such as HAP, Express Alliance and the general understanding of gaps in care
- Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering.
- Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy thinking strategically about the full life cycle of a technical product? Are you a techy type with the people skills to go with it? If so you may find a fit within technical product management, the team that manages our technology product portfolio and roadmap – creating, executing and helping to deploy scalable solutions used by our clients and members every day. If we’ve peaked your interest, let’s strike up a conversation.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran