Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Server Support in St. Louis, Missouri
Express Scripts is looking for an experienced leader to join the Infrastructure Compute team as the Senior Manager of Server Support. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a 24x7 team of engineers supporting and administering Linux, Unix, and Windows servers in an enterprise environment, with a focus on reliability and customer experience.
- Works with IT Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the IT group and recommend process improvements
- Works with departmental leadership to develop and implement strategic business work plan goals
- Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management
- Assists the Budget planning and management for their department
- Participates in special projects or task forces as assigned
- Manages a functional team in one or more sites
- Works to develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues
- Consults with business and IT management to evaluate user requests and clarify objectives for projects and initiatives
- Develops annual initiatives and specific deliverables for their team
- Oversees determination of feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current policies, procedures, and functions
- Completes projects and initiatives as assigned, coordinating their team resources and resources in different departments
- Provides assistance to IT team members needing their expertise and knowledge
- Provides on-the-job training for new of less experienced team members
- Mentors team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials
- Leadership of customer-facing, server infrastructure teams supporting critical operations
- Managing support and operations workload for a 24x7 team including requests, changes, and incidents
- Supporting highly available Linux, Unix, and Windows server environments, on both physical and virtual infrastructure
- Experience managing teams in highly regulated, compliance-driven environments, including an understanding of HIPPA, SOC2, PCI, and other compliance requirements
- History of transforming teams through organization, culture, and process changes
- Experience supporting complex environments encompassing a mix of legacy infrastructure and leading-edge technologies
- Working knowledge of server systems operational principles, methods, and techniques, as well as basic knowledge of associated hardware and software
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Healthcare experience a plus
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Server Support team is the 24x7 customer-facing arm of the Compute Server organization, responsible for the day-to-day intake and resolution of requests, changes, and incidents related to server infrastructure at Express Scripts. The Server Support team is one of four teams that make up the Compute Server organization at Express Scripts, and along with the Server Operations, Server Solutions, and Compute Automation teams, is responsible for supporting all aspects of server technology at Express Scripts.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.