Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Contracting in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Manager – Contracting is responsible for the daily administration of the overall contract process, supervising a team of contract specialists who perform the daily management of the agreement and amendment process for assigned contracts, and serves as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of understanding. This includes preparation of agreements and related documents, facilitation and/or support of negotiation, legal review and signature processes. This position is the primary contractual interface with Sales/Account Management, Legal, Finance, Business Subject Matter Experts, Internal and Client Audit and clients, pharmacies and/or pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Daily administration of overall contract process, including manage and/or support the agreement and amendment request and preparation processes, coordinate appropriate business and legal review/response of negotiated documents, and facilitate and/or support negotiations, legal review and signature processes.
- Lead and develop contract specialists and ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined within and outside the Legal department by setting goals, assigning/managing workload, and developing and communicating processes and procedures.
- Serve as an escalation point to contract specialists and business for issues requiring a higher degree of understanding.
- Develop quality improvement efforts by analyzing and recommending process improvements to improve overall contracting process quality, efficiency and internal/external client satisfaction.
- Facilitate ad hoc contract reviews to support areas such as Sales/Account Management, Finance, Operations and Audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of health care industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Access and SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage timelines and balance multiple deadlines.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment, quickly grasp new concepts, solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to mediate and resolve complex contract issues and negotiate solutions.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners at all levels of management.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.