Express Scripts Sr. Manager - Change Management in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr Manager – Change Management leads business initiatives and cross-functional teams to achieve department goals. This position will manage strategic planning projects, provide change management content/idea creation, develop planning communications (verbal and written), and be responsible for managing and synthesizing strategic topics. The Sr Manager – Change Management provides direction and management to a team of change managers and is responsible for anticipating and addressing obstacles which could impact the overall success of the team projects.
- Provide training, development, mentoring and overall leadership to the Project Managers on the Change Management team - instilling the Express Way Values and creating an environment of high performance.
- Prepare team members for additional responsibilities and future promotions.
- Creation and/or presentation of internal and external documents to support Mail Pharmacy Change Management initiatives, including but not limited to analytics, reports, PowerPoint presentations, executive summaries, etc.
- Lead and/or support cross-functional and collaborative projects to successful completion.
- Serve as first line for escalated issues from the Project Managers.
- Assess the nature of the escalation and determine appropriate actions.
- Assist in the design and development of future change management initiatives.
- Support internal operations leaders and project sponsors specific requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience; M.B.A. preferred.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experienceto include a required 3-5 years of strong, cross-functional project management experience.
- Change Management training and/or certification preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; Moderate Microsoft PowerPoint skills; Basic Microsoft Outlook knowledge.
- Ability to motivate and lead others effectively.
- General knowledge and appreciation for the PBM business and/or mail order pharmacy landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage specific deliverables and work load within a environments of tight deadlines and significant pressure for self and for their team.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional interaction skills, including presentation, verbal, and documentation.
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies.
- Financial analysis and reporting skills necessary.
- Ability to handle complex analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of helping to achieve a more sustainable health care system and better health for all. Members of this team are on the front line every day – interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.