Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Business Analysis in St. Louis, Missouri
The successful candidate will manage a team of managers and analysts in the setup, payment, tracking and reporting of financial and rebate guarantees in accordance with Express Script’s PBM client contracts. Collaboration with cross-functional teams will be vital to meeting deadlines and expectations of position. Additionally, this individual will assist in the department strategic planning and development of team to ensure that production targets are achieved and effective processing controls are in place. Work and present to all levels of ESI Management. Special projects as needed.
- Manage a team of business analysts who are responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating complex contractual documents and identifying/tracking guarantee obligations including financial and rebate guarantees
- Communicate with other teams and business partners at all levels to ensure guarantee processes are on track, accurate and timely
- Participate in developing process improvements and system/reporting enhancements
- Ensure that any other potential liabilities in the contract are identified so monitoring can be maintained and responsibility assigned. Act as back-up for monthly guarantee accrual preparation and reporting, and in other areas of the team
- Prepare and put on presentations related to financial client obligations to all levels or management. Participate/lead special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance or related field
- 7 to 10 years of experience preferred/ 4 years supervisory experience
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Access), the Internet and data querying.
- Teradata experience and ability to write queries within Teradata preferred
- Ability to identify issues and provide resolutions
- Able to identify control breakdowns
- Proven ability to take a leadership role
- Driven by high quality performance
- Control oriented and strong organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve complex issues
- Excellent customer service, technical, analytical, problem solving and communication skills required
- Familiarity with ESI contract language and financial terms preferred
- PBM experience a plus
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure that spending stays on track and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who will bring outside-the-box thinking to our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.