Express Scripts Sr. Internal Auditor in St. Louis, Missouri
As a member of our finance team, you’ll be responsible for working with audit management and business management to identify internal areas or functions needing review and plan for necessary audits. In your role you will evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls for the activities under review, report findings to management, and recommend necessary corrective actions or process improvements. We are always on the lookout for creative people who will bring fresh thinking and perspectives to the team.
- Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for forming an informed, objective opinion on the effectiveness of the system of internal control
- Plan the scope of the audit and prepare the audit program
- Survey functions and activities under review to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control in achieving established objectives
- Prepare formal written reports expressing your opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control
- Make oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the examination that discusses deficiencies, recommends corrective action, and suggests improvement in operations and reductions in costs
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5 - 8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience in auditing, accounting, or finance; or a Master’s degree
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of audit standards, policies, or procedures
- Understanding of business operations and processes is helpful
- Focus on quality and service
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate deadlines and travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.