Express Scripts Sr. Director - Sales and Account Management Optimization in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Director, Service Excellence within Sales & Account Management Optimization, is responsible for providing leadership to a team of Directors and their teams of project managers, consultants and specialists within the Sales and Account Management Optimization organization.This role provides overall strategic direction for new client implementations, as well as the quality, consistency, and satisfaction of services provided for a divisional book of business. It also provides strategic oversight to ensure internal service and functional deliverables are met to ensure operational excellence and overall growth for our company and our clients.
- Provide oversight to Directors and their teams to ensure follow through on client implementation satisfaction, operational efficiencies and cross functional alignment. Provide division-relevant organizational planning and talent alignment to align job functions to business needs.
- Accountable for oversight and execution of 1/1 readiness initiatives and act as SAM 1/1 captain/ effectively communicate to Sr. Staff on client updates, risks/mitigation plans, and go forward strategies.
- Serve as a point of escalation for the team and internal partners on issues of service, service breakdown or operational concern; act as a liaison to the Directors and Vice Presidents of operational areas to ensure efficient, effective resolution; provide proactive consultation related to service opportunities.
- Translate broad theories and strategies into clear, actionable objectives; Optimize current SAMO strategy and communicate effectively to divisional VPs; champion cross functional initiatives; communicate progress and key milestones to appropriate internal partners.
- Engage and support Express Scripts sales opportunities and provide oversight and support to new client implementation process.
- Coach, mentor and support the development of Director professionals in alignment with The Express Way values.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 18 to 22 years of experience
- 12 to 16 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 10 to 14 years of relevant experience;includes 5-7 years management/leadership experience
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience; Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Consistency in demonstrating the Express Way values and shows high potential for demonstrating Leaders Lead values
- Executive presence
- Superior verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive operational background and experience with cross functional partnership to quickly adapt and problem solve for efficient and effective client solutions
- Experience leading cross functional initiatives or teams or acting in mentor capacity
- Knowledge of the healthcare and PBM industry required; Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results
- Demonstrated ability managing projects, utilizing proven project management processes
- Ability to travel overnight up to 15%
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.