Express Scripts Sr. Director, Medicaid Market Development in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Director, Medicaid Market Development will provide strategic guidance and regulated markets industry expertise for clients and prospects within the Regulated Markets division. This role will directly lead divisional market-facing efforts in pursuit of Medicaid business as well as act as a crucial resource for Cornerstone selling efforts through Sales and Account Management (SAM) Sales. In addition to market development responsibilities, this role will have responsibility to function as a Medicaid thought leader both internally as well as externally.
This role will partner closely with market strategy, new sales organization, market analytics, segment marketing among other matrix partners to successfully accomplish the objectives.Success metrics include meeting annual sales goals for RM, industry recognition as a thought leader, influencing our overall Medicaid strategy & product roadmap among others.
- In partnership with new sales organization, develops a comprehensive Medicaid growth plan
- Supports new sales organization as Medicaid subject matter expert in the pursuit of Medicaid prospects
- In partnership with segment marketing and other partners, develops a strong value prop for Medicaid
- Pre-RFP relationship building and prospecting
- Pricing and market intelligence to influence a positive outcome on RFPs we bid on
- Interfaces with contract standards team, individual RM lines of business, and RFP proposal team to ensure that RFP responses are most competitively positioned in the RM space, and that this carries through to the finalist presentation
- Represents the organization as a Medicaid expert in finalist meetings and other client engagements during the sales process
- Functions as a Medicaid thought leader within ESI which includes but not limited to activities such as leading the development of our overall Medicaid strategy and shaping the Medicaid product roadmap
- Develops an external presence as an industry thought leader though involvement in industry trade organizations and presenting at relevant conferences among other activities
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of the regulatory landscape as well as industry trends
- Leverages the Medicaid subject matter expertise to advice senior leadership when making business decisions
- Provides overall leadership to the market strategy & development organization as a member of the senior leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 18 to 22 years of experience
- 12 to 16 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 10 to 14 years of relevant experience
- PCskillsinusingMicrosoft Office,Email,and Internet.Leadership skills,clear communicator, strongcommitment tosalesandclient service.Organizational/prioritization skills
- Detailedknowledge and expertiseofthe regulated marketswith a strong emphasis on Medicaidand thePBM industry
- Adeptat working withsenior leadersand developing keyrelationships
- Exceptional verbaland writtencommunication and presentation skills
- Ability towork crossfunctionallywithmultipledepartmentstogainconsensusandmoveprojectsandinitiativesforward
- Ability totravel 25-50% of the time
- Experience in pursuit of new sales would be desired
- Experience with account management and client negotiation is required
- Strong in strategy development, communication and execution
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Client centric
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Government Programs is responsible for leading, developing and executing the strategies required to support Express Scripts clients and members in the Medicare, Medicaid and regulated individual markets. Additionally, this team oversees the Express Scripts Medicare Part D Plan, which offers both group and individual plans in the Medicare marketplace.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.