Express Scripts Sr. Director, Account Management in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr.Directorprovidesstrategic,financial, relationship, and organizational leadership for a Client Service Team in the Health Plan Division. Role includes the development and execution of comprehensive strategic plans to achieve ARx retention, margin, EBIT and satisfaction targets for their respective team and book of business. Additional responsibilities include employee management/engagement, cross-functional coordination of projects and initiatives, exceeding client expectations, budget and work-plan management, and process improvement. The Sr. Director ensures their Client Service Team has the resources and support to ensure clients are able to maximize the full value and expertise Express Scripts has to offer.
- Manage profit, revenue and gross margin for client. Develop strategic work plan goals to include, but not limited to, gross margin, client retention, and renewal and offering additional services that could enhance their business.
- Manage a diverse team of account executives, clinical account executives, directors and others located in multiple and virtual sites. Work collaboratively with management team to provide career development opportunities, work direction, evaluate performance and provide feedback to promote employee growth, retention, productivity, and engagement.
- Ensure close coordination with cross-functional areas; such as Product, Sales & Account Management Operations, Technology, Legal, Finance, and Compliance to ensure successful program maintenance and expansion, maintain compliance with Federal and state-specific regulations, effective service delivery, meeting of SLAS, key metrics, and client performance guarantees.
- Identify gaps and lead special projects and task forces focused on improving organizational efficiency and positive impact to revenue
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or Pharm D, MBA and/or Master degree preferred
- 12-16 years work experience with 7-10 years of relevant experience in account management
- Strong MS Office knowledge and extensive experience using Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; Microsoft SharePoint experience strongly preferred
- Extensive client management experience within the PBM or healthcare industry preferred
- Experience managing large books of business and/or processes from an EBIT/Profit perspective
- Preferred experience with Rebate/Network Contracting, all aspects of pricing, client contracting and client level budgeting
- Experience with client negotiations required
- Strong relationships within benefit advisor community (who controls much of this business)
- Proven success from both a leadership and BOB / client management standpoint
- Ability to organize highly flexible / leveraged team and develop / implement supporting processes in a fashion that drives efficiency, responsiveness, and standardization in an environment where clients expect customization and dedicated teams
- Solid understanding of PBM market dynamics and industryregulations/initiatives
- Extensive leadership experience; including proven ability to lead teams in meeting client retention goals and growing, developing and retaining critical resources
- Keen understanding of budget process and proven ability to meet corporate expense & EBIT goals
- Ability to affect organizational change to support client retention and growth
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran