Express Scripts Sr. Director - Account Management, Sales in St. Louis, Missouri
Sr. Director, Key Accounts will have strategic oversight for over 300 clients, representing over 300,000 lives under management and over $20M in P&L fiscal responsibility. This business segment is part of a rapidly growing coalition that historically achieves in upwards of 40% annual growth.The Sr.Directorprovidesstrategic,financial, clinical, relationship, and organizational leadership for a specific line of business within the Sales & Account Management division. Role includes the development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan to achieve ARx retention, margin & EBIT targets for their respective line of business as well as partnering with Sales to focus on growth/expansion of their respective line of business. Additional responsibilities include employee management, cross-functional coordination of projects and initiatives, exceeding client expectations, budget and work-plan management, and process improvement. This role should expect to travel at a minimum of 25%.
- Manage profit, revenue and gross margin for client. Develop strategic work plan goals to include, but not limited to, gross margin, client retention, and renewal and offering additional services that could enhance their business.
- Manage a diverse team of account executives and clinical account executives located in multiple sites. Work collaboratively with management team to provide career development opportunities, work direction, evaluate performance and provide feedback to promote employee growth, retention, productivity, and engagement.
- Partner with Sales & Account Management Operations and serve as escalation point to ensure smooth on-going delivery of all service deliverables as well as successful implementation of new accounts, solutions, initiatives, and policies.
- Ensure close coordination with cross-functional areas; such as Product, Sales & Account Management Operations, Technology, Legal, Finance, and Compliance to ensure successful program maintenance and expansion, maintain compliance with Federal and state-specific regulations, effective service delivery, meeting of SLAS, key metrics, and client performance guarantees.
- Identify gaps and lead special projects and task forces focused on improving operational effectiveness and implementing best practices within the division.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 18 to 22 years of experience.
- 12 to 16 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 10 to 14 years of relevant experience.
- Strong MS Office knowledge and extensive experience using Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; Microsoft SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive client management experience within the PBM or healthcare industry preferred; Experience in commercial / employer market- highly preferred.
- Experience managing large books of business and/or processes from an EBIT/Profit perspective.
- Preferred experience with Rebate/Network Contracting, all aspects of pricing, client contracting and client level budgeting.
- Experience with client negotiations required.
- Strong relationships within benefit advisor community (who controls much of this business).
- Proven success from both a leadership and BOB / client management standpoint.
- Ability to organize highly flexible / leveraged team and develop / implement supporting processes in a fashion that drives efficiency, responsiveness, and standardization in an environment where clients expect customization and dedicated teams.
- Solid understanding of PBM market dynamics and industryregulations/initiatives.
- Extensive leadership experience; including proven ability to lead teams in meeting client retention goals and growing, developing and retaining critical resources.
- Keen understanding of budget process and proven ability to meet corporate expense & EBIT goals.
- Ability to affect organizational change to support client retention and growth.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.