Express Scripts Sr. Delivery Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Delivery Manager can either oversee highly complex IT initiatives that will deliver a successful business outcome that is measurable or if assigned to a specific Domain will oversee planning for components of IT initiatives that impact that domain. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned initiatives and provides a single point of contact to the business sponsors. Primary reasonability is in the deliver phase; Monitors, tracks, and analyzes strategic initiatives at a holistic view and communicates progress. Supports the portfolio across multiple initiatives; analyzing reports, collaborating with cross-functional teams, monitoring process, facilitating initiative / Program Epic level meetings.
- Responsible for delivery and success of assigned strategic initiatives from a holistic view. Assess priorities against business value to ensure epic release schedule is aligned to business priorities. Optimize results within business and time constraints. If managing a Domain, supports the Domain cross initiatives in prioritization by creation of Domain Delivery plan. Analyzing data and creating reports, monitoring domain level processes, facilitating domain level meetings, and partnering with Eng. Manager/ Domain TPO.
- Collaborate and facilitate communication and meetings with TPO’s, BPO’s, Domain Owners, Engineers, Scrum Masters and other leaders to assure full alignment. Define schedules, identify dependences, solutions to business problems, and provide updates as priorities and schedules change.
- Oversees the governance structure across the initiative teams or across multiple products within a domain. Manage risk mitigation and contingency plans. Drive activities to achieve aligned goals.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, and status reports. Conduct necessary meetings and is responsible for schedule and status tracking. Conduct presentations regarding initiative or domain product status to cross functional IT teams and business/domain stakeholders.
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials available. Ensure adherence to project management process and project documentation standards.
- Work on special initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, project management or related field desired
- 8-12 years relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experienceProject Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, Scrum Master Certification preferredExtensive project management skills using various programs to prepare and execute business plans
- Microsoft office applications; Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills; eager to learn and adapt Domain knowledge and should be able to act as change agent
- Knowledge of PBM, healthcare industry helpful; Advanced knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion; Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills; Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must; Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and some travel requirements
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.