Express Scripts Sr. Clinical Consultant in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Clinical Consultant is responsible for using their clinical expertise along with medical, pharmacy, and economic data to assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of Biosimilar Strategy, Integrated Pharmacy/Medical Offering, Generic Strategy and other strategic initiatives. This person also works collaboratively with multiple business partners throughout the organization to formulate clinical strategies that allow for Cigna and Express-Scripts’ clients to continue to provide affordable pharmacy benefits that keep medications in reach for their patients that really need them.
- Strategic management of biosimilars and generics
- Support development of medical and direct business solutions
- Ability to work cross functionally with finance to model value of strategies
- Ability to work and influence cross-functional partners to achieve key initiatives and corporate goals
- Ability to support and facilitate discussions with internal partners at varying levels of leadership
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Licensed pharmacist in good standing
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills)
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills required
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills
- Ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools use advanced problem solving skills
- Work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Knowledge of PBM industry/Managed care/Value Based healthcare industry is desirable
- Strong financial acumen
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.