Express Scripts Sr. Clinical Consultant in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Clinical Consultant, Clinical, Research, and New Solutions (CRNS) provides leadership and strategic direction in the development and management of Express Scripts’ Clinical Products. The Sr. Clinical Consultant uses extensive knowledge to lead essential, cross-functional partnerships with Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Clinical, Operations, Legal, and Sales and Account Management teams. This specific position will take a lead role in developing, tracking, and optimizing key performance indicators through the development and management of new-to-market clinical products.
As an integral partner of theClinical Solutionsinnovation team, you’ll have direct visibility into the company’s innovative strategies, product roadmaps, and external partnerships that lead to new products in the Pharmacy Benefit Management marketplace.
- A continued focus on members/patients and how our work leads to improvements in the healthcare of these individuals
- The source of truth for all stakeholders involved in the product’s development and continued management. Crisply define the target, the "what" (as opposed to the how) and manage the delivery of the "what."
- An ability to see the big picture and capability to guide a team while removing the hurdles to get there. Think outside the box, challenge convention, and always question the norm. In times of headwinds, seek what must be true in order for objectives to be successfully completed.
- An analytical mindset with a focus on goals and how to measure them. Adjust the roadmap accordingly; able to distinguish needs (for revenue/growth) vs. wants.
- A focus on time management, taking initiative, and holding confidence in tracking multiple complex work streams, often in times of ambiguity.
- Outstanding communication skills are a top priority, especially in regards to creating strategic agendas, leading meetings and summits, keeping stakeholders informed on key initiatives, and escalating significant matters to senior leadership. The ability to clearly explain clinical outcomes metrics through traditional business language and the translation of technology terminology is a must.
- Create leveragable collateral, FAQs, presentations, white papers, and other resources.
- Anticipate the product hurdles, take written positions on important issues, and build real solutions.
- Think in terms of delivering superior value to the market place during inbound planning and achieving market share and revenue goals during outbound. Focus the team on revenue and customers and define good products that can be executed with a strong effort. Error on the side of clarity vs. explaining the obvious.
- A strong work ethic, an exceptional level of integrity, and demonstrated leadership within the team and department to help motivate and grow employees. An enthusiastic personality excited to assist patients through our clinical programs. A Sr. Clinical Consultant gets the most out of the team by inspiring them with their vision. You must be skilled at organizing the team to be as productive as possible: removing roadblocks, setting the right people to be accountable for the right areas, understanding your team’s personal goals, setting clear expectations, and trusting the team.
- Licensed Clinician with license in good standing (Pharmacist, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy, or other applicable Clinicians).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools use advanced problem solving skills.
- Work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Knowledge of PBM industry/Managed care/Value Based healthcare industry is desirable.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 100 million members to make better health-related choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledge Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.