Express Scripts Sr. Clinical Account Executive in St. Louis, Missouri
TheSr.CAEisassignedasophisticated set ofclient(s)with varying lines of business to support and manage their clinical goals and objectives.The Sr. CAE serves as the client’sprimary contact forallclinical strategic initiatives. This includes, but is not limited toformulary management,financial/rebatemodeling,evaluation of clinicaltrend performance,benefit designconsultation, presentation of clinical programs, implementation and outcomes monitoring. The Sr. CAE is also responsible for identifying client opportunities and leading and supporting upsell of clinical programs that align with both corporate (internal) and client (external) strategic goals. The senior CAE will also serve as a mentor to their CAE peers as well as serve in a leadership role in various work streams and divisional initiatives.
- Leadstheidentification,upsell,and implementation ofclinicalproducts and solutionsforclientsthrough consultativemethodsandprocesses(e.g. Quarterly/Annual business reviewpresentations,associatedmodeling andreportreviews,etc.)inaccordancewithclientbusinessplans.
- Actscollaboratively withaccount executives,account managers, and other client service team members and internal partners to serviceallneedsofthe client.Troubleshoots and detects benefit/utilization issues related to formularyand/or drug plan design to resolve and provide any related impact and preventative measures whereapplicable. Works with cross-functional PBM service partners to implement formulary, utilizationmanagement, and/or clinical benefit design requests per client intent.
- Helps client gain maximum benefit from the product or service by committing to continuous oversight andeducation that provides regular updates or enhancements. Provides consultative client trend analysis that detectsmedicationutilizationissuesrelated toformulary anddrugplan design. Provides clinical support for client related meetings (e.g., P&T Committee meetings, sales RFP support, etc…) as required.
- Demonstratesunderstanding and interpretationofcurrent industry trendsanddrug information in order tobe able to be consultative to client(s).SharesbestpracticestandardswiththebroaderCAEpeeraudienceaswellasclients.
- Serve as a mentor to CAEs and offer training of others including, account team members as well as interviewing prospective CAE candidates. In addition, participate in and/or lead workgroups or projects among CAE peers with high visibility within the division.
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred
- 5-7 years relevant experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM industry
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style, and strong commitment to the team and client service are a must.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Must have ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
- Demonstrated mastery of these tools and of the CAE skill set including expertise on ESI product portfolio and clinical expertise, solid presentation and communication skills, minimal assistance or direction from leader when interfacing with client and addressing concerns.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran