Express Scripts Sr. Benefits Analyst (Sales) in St. Louis, Missouri
The primary purpose for this job is to provide direct analytic support for multiple products within the Drug Trend & Formulary department. This role will support multiple efforts from modeling new product impacts to supporting retroactive reporting. In doing so, this role will need to work cross functionally with multiple areas of the company, including but not limited to, finance, product management, operations and account management. This role will require a reporting and analytics background with many activities specific to product development, client reporting and product performance. This individual will possess functional, technical and advanced business knowledge to provide customized, ad hoc solutions for information requests. In addition, there will be a technical component that is required with a thorough understanding of relational databases, the information warehouse, claims data and SQL.
- Develop new reports, models and analytic solutions with innovative ways to present data in order to support the SafeGuard Rx team.
- Completion of ad-hoc reporting and analytics for Account teams, Finance and Operations.
- Combine business knowledge and data acumen along with technical (SAS, SQL) skills to efficiently complete ad-hoc requests.
- Query data warehouse(s) using variety of tools available.
- Extract data and manipulate into reports for client both internal and external.
- Maintain turn-around times per contractual agreements.
- Consultation with Product and Account management teams to help understand complex issues and requests.
- Collaborate cross functional as needed to create alignment with stakeholders.
- Facilitate hand-offs between multiple areas and will be asked to provide SME support on multiple projects/initiatives.
- Oversee multiple projects and initiatives.
- Manage multiple initiatives at the same time and negotiate timelines/priority with stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate goals, outcomes, direction to all stakeholders including internal employees.
- Create a unified voice and environment for open dialogue and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Superior analytical, strategic planning, communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, Tableau, SAS, SQL.
- Experience in pulling data and understanding relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, problems solve and work in fast paced environment.
- Customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage work load and meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent thinker and worker.
- Comfortable working with numerical data and information.
- Ability to identify, design, recommend and implement efficient, innovative business solutions to clients’ complex benefits challenges.
- Ability to develop and execute on strategic business plans and set direction for teams.
- Travel 20%.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, which is housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 83 million members to make better drug, pharmacy and health choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledgeable Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.