Express Scripts Sr. Accountant, Rebate Accounting in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for performing accounting activities to ensure a complete and accurate general ledger. This includes accounting for rebate invoicing, accruals and payments for receivables as well as reconciling rebate payables. This position will work with team members as well as other departments to research and resolve issues. Furthermore, this position will ensure complete and accurate financial statements are created to meet regulatory, member and participant reporting responsibilities.
- Prepare journal entries and month end responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial accruals for receivables and payables
- Prepare and analyze rollforwards and reconciliations for Manufacturer Receivables, Rebates Payable and other balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure accurate accounting and accounting control procedures are maintained.
- Ensure accurate consolidation and intercompany accounting occurs.
- Prepare and analyze annual financial statement(s).
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years accounting and finance experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of business operations and processes.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Demonstrated customer service and relationship building skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate departmental and project deadlines.
- PC skills, Microsoft Office programs, Strong Excel skills with the ability to easily learn new software.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation.
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran