Express Scripts Senior Product Manager, Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Product Manager is in our Accredo Specialty Pharmacy Product Management team, specifically focused on the Oncology portfolio. This role serves as a business owner, supporting the Director—Oncology and supporting key initiatives in Oncology and across the product management team. The Sr. Product Manager will collaborate with cross-functional partners across the organization to deliver new tools, solutions, and programs to maximize financial performance and growth for Express Scripts/Accredo. The Sr. Product Manager provides leadership to execute strategies with internal teams and external customers, and work in close coordination with other Product partners, Clinical, Physician Sales, Pharma Account management, Operations, Marketing, IT, and Finance to identify, prioritize and execute projects that drive value to the business and meet the needs of all stakeholders. The Sr. Product Manager will also serve as the internal subject matter and market expert for stakeholders in Product, Physician Sales, Pharma Account Management and Payor Account management.
- Business owner for selected oncology products and leader of cross-functional work groups
- Monitors business, P&L, gross margin, EBIT, market share and growth forecasts.
- Data analysis to monitor and drive the business
- Manages programs for which Accredo is contracted with pharma
- Participates in and contributes to pharma quarterly business reviews for particular accounts
- Strategic planning and monitoring of competitive landscape and industry trends
- Manages metrics for products as well as programs
- Subject matter expert for operational processes at TRC to pharma as well as internal stakeholders
- Develops business cases for new programs, sets product specifications & requirements, works with IT to estimate funding requirements, works through Project Review Board to request and receive IT funding and coordinates with IT and other departments for product build
- Manages cross functional team to deliver projects and initiatives
- Drives value proposition and coordinates with marketing on product line value prop & materials, conferences, etc.
- Develops, maintains and manages to a budget
- Evaluates the service model and optimizes patient experience
- Responsible for product development/service offering for financial category
- Manages work plans for project execution and implementation for responsible accounts and programs
- Responsible for all stakeholders as it relates to Oncology programs at the specialty pharmacy (patient, physician, pharma, payor)
- Trains and partners with physician sales team and account management on new programs and information
- Collaborates with the Market Development & Sales Support teams for training Express Scripts account management teams & assist in driving sales strategy for new clients
- Works with Clinical team, Pharma Account Management & contracting teams to develop new programs, revenues, and build relationships with key pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Lead project workgroups with Operations, Pharma Acct. Mgmt. and other key partners
- Develops marketing campaigns and tools for key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14-18 years of experience
- 8-12 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations and documentation
- Business or Clinical Background required
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Basic financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work towards specific deliverables within a environments of tight deadlines and significant pressure
- Ability to handle complex analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions
- Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred
- Excellent customer service skills required
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.