Express Scripts Senior Implementation Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Implementation Manager is responsible for leading the implementation phase for new client set up, complex client changes and upsells. This includes planning and coordinating Sales and Account Management Operations (SAMO), cross-functional and client teams to support all aspects of design and setup. Position serves as the main point of contact for implementation activities, and is responsible for the overall strategic design of installs. Position mitigates risks to members, clients and ESI through comprehensive understanding of client intent, account and operations. Position partners with sales and marketing teams to facilitate operational procedures and implementation processes for client setup. Role identifies and drives solutions and improvements for client and ESI processes, manages escalation, and expedites the communication of status and risk to appropriate levels including senior management within the organizations. Role mentors peers, and leads special projects as assigned.
- Leads project plan development and facilitates implementation phase for client implementations, complex client changes and upsells.
- Represents client intent as the client liaison between ESI operations and client contacts including client, TPA, vendor, broker and consultant parties.
- Defines and manages install scope and project plan including timelines, resources and critical path.
- Provides strategic direction to ESI operational teams and to the client.
- Communicates client setup intent to mitigate downstream and/or production disruption.
- Represents the Implementation work stream throughout the sales process including written and oral communications.
- Serves as implementation expert at Finalist opportunities by understanding Request for Proposal (RFP) language and demonstrating to clients how their objectives will be met through an implementation.
- Presents information at executive levels and influences decision-making process.
- Meets quality and service standards to ensure client contractual deliverables related to the install are met.
- Interacts regularly with the client to manage service requirements and expectations for overall satisfaction.
- Conducts post-install analyses to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Shares lessons learned and preventive measures with senior management.
- Leads special projects and other SAMO responsibilities as assigned.
- Shares best practices and knowledge of the business with peers and operational partners to improve service levels.
- Lead peer training.
- Establish oneself as a subject matter expert in all pertinent implementation functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 – 18 equivalent work experience.
- 8-12 years of relevant work experience in customer service, claims, pharmacy operations or a Master’s degree and 6-10 years of experience.
- Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to ESI proprietary systems.
- Knowledge of Express Scripts products and processes preferred.
- Project management experience and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence key decision-makers.
- Ability to lead multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams cross-functionally to resolve complex issues within designated time frames.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and travel requirements.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran