Express Scripts Senior Clinical Account Executive in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Clinical Account Executive (CAE) is assigned a set of complex/sophisticated clients carrying a heightened strategic project management role. They serve clients as the primary contact for all clinical, formulary related initiatives, financial /rebate and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development consultation-presentation, implementation and oversight, results evaluation and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical programs and services issues and initiatives regarding programs and up-sell.
- Lead the up-sell and implementation of clinical program solutions and formulary related programs to clients thru consultative methods and processes (e.g. Client P and T presentations, quarterly/ annual reviews, modeling/ report reviews, etc) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration and coordination with account management team members regarding operational details.
- Continually reviews to detect medication utilization issues related to formulary and drug plan design.
- Provide analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation.
- Communicate to client’s data based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
- Development, preparation and presentation of clinical business strategy (formulary, utilization and/or health management strategy) for each client assigned.
- Act in concert with assigned Account Executives and Account Management to service all needs of the client.
- Share best practice standards with broader Clinical Account Executive peer audience as well as clients and demonstrates understanding and interpretation of current industry trends and drug information.
- Offer mentoring and training of others, interviewing prospective Clinical Account Executive candidates.
- Lead, develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Provide clinical oversight and project management to business division, develops tools and training for carrying out work plan goals and represents the business division as a point of contact for various corporate clinical initiatives including product development task forces, prospective client sales meetings, client advisory board panels, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience.
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience.
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to the team and client service are a must.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues and have strong project management skills.
- Must have ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
- Demonstrated mastery of these tools and of the Clinical Account Executive skill set including expertise on ESI product portfolio and clinical expertise, solid presentation and communication skills, minimal assistance or direction from leader when interfacing with client and addressing concerns.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran