Express Scripts Resource Management / Data Analytics Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
This position will lead the statistical modeling and analysis in support of the Capacity and Resource Management forecasting functions, as well as to provide analytical support for other departmental initiatives.
- Perform predictive analytics such as predictive modeling of future trends, behavior patterns analysis, and forecasting. Determine appropriate statistical techniques such as regression, multivariate regression, and time-series techniques to provide optimal decision support modeling.
- Provide statistical modeling support and direction for long-range and short-range forecasting teams by understanding and demonstrating the impact of input variables and by performing probabilistic modeling (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations) to assess and proactively communicate ranges of likely outcomes based on multiple uncertain variables.
- Evaluate predicted results compared to actual results in order to refine assumptions, correlations, regression models, etc. to continuously improve the predictive modeling & forecasting processes.
- Participate in the development or enhancement of capacity and resource management tools and analytical decision-support tools.
- Develop, maintain and document the analytical analysis protocols, policies and procedures for strategic and operational planning.
- Special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Statistical Analysis, Applied Mathematics, Supply Chain, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or 14-18 years relevant work experience; Master's degree preferred
- 8-12 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 5-10 years relevant experience.
- Proven experience in modeling sequential data, statistical forecasting, and time series models
- Skilled at delivering analytics metrics, KPIs, and reporting packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Applications.
- Experience with statistical modeling languages (R, SQL, Python, Excel)
- Ability to articulate analytical results to a non-analytical audience.
- Commitment to fulfill requirements of assignment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Member Service and Home Delivery Organization (MSHD) is comprised of a national network of wholly-owned home delivery pharmacies and patient care contact centers. The Operations Forecasting team helps MSHD achieve its business goals by optimizing operational performance. This is accomplished using a shared service model with specialized resources who provide cross-functional insights and support in order to ensure quality outcomes for our members and clients.
MSHD includes several key teams: Pharmacy Operations, Contact Center Operations, Communications Experience Delivery, Strategy & Transformation, Pharmacy Practice, and Quality & Process Improvement.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.