Express Scripts Procurement Sourcing Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
This position will report to the Senior Sourcing Manager within the Sourcing Group. This Sourcing Manager will support the Corporate Procurement team by leveraging scale and buying power to conduct daily Request for Proposals & Request for Quotes and contract negotiations to drive cost savings. This role will also partner closely with the Category Management Team within Corporate Procurement, work closely with internal business partners, conduct & lead negotiation efforts. This role will negotiate contract and work on special projects as needed. This Sourcing Manager must be able to communicate effectively with suppliers, procurement, legal, and all levels of management within the company. This Sourcing Manager will conduct sourcing and negotiating activities per a clearly defined ESI process.
- Review procurement requirements received from business owners & internal procurement team members.
- Utilize appropriate judgment & procurement expertise when negotiating and contracting with suppliers.
- Actively participate in negotiations with suppliers on behalf of internal business partners.
- Work within the Oracle procure to pay system to manage procurement requests.
- Regularly interacts with procurement team & leaders to provide updates and record cost savings generated.
- Proven track record in developing and executing strategic plans & managing multiple complex initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to take direction and to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising quality or attention to detail
- Excellent communication/facilitation skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with RFI/RFQ/RFP processes & best practices.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Review project scope and determine appropriate contractual language needed to support initiative.
- Time management and project prioritization skills.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years procurement related experience; experience with business law, commercial terms and conditions.
- CPSM certification from the Institute for Supply Management preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prefer experience with Oracle procure to pay system.
- Procurement, sourcing and negotiating skills.
- Analytical and project management skills preferred.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Members of the Procurement department are tasked with evaluating our policies and procedures to ensure we remain efficient, competitive and at the forefront of the evolution of healthcare. One of the main areas team members are responsible for is the purchasing of goods and services for the organization from the approved channels. Additionally, the procurement team must provide information, guidelines and collaboration to facilitate the procurement process.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran