Express Scripts Principal Software Architect in St. Louis, Missouri
Provide end to end software and platform architecture for Corporate Systems domain, which includes systems and services that support Rebates, Guarantees, Pricing and Underwriting, Clinical Analytics, Finance, ERP, Legal, and HR.Lead the technical strategy, product health road map execution, and development projects that build and enhance Corporate Systems software capabilities.
- Partner with business stakeholders and technical product owners to understand business opportunities and needs.Translate business needs to technical capabilities and designs, and incorporate into technology roadmaps and investment plans.
- Create and continually evolve technology vision and target state architecture blueprint for Corporate Systems platforms and services that incorporates modern architecture practices.
- Develop and own product health roadmaps, initiatives, and metrics for Corporate Systems platforms and services and lead the technical aspects of transformation efforts toward target state architecture.
- Develop detailed application architecture designs and specifications for Corporate Systems platforms and services delivery efforts, and guide development teams on the implementation of the design.
- Develop an architectural viewpoint of the existing complex Corporate Systems technology landscape, and lead the design/implementation steps to reduce technology footprint to a best in breed subset of patterns.
- Direct the development and execution of architecture runway for new efforts.
- Define and enforce Corporate Systems platform level standards, frameworks, and patterns.
- Partner with domain and solution architects to incorporate enterprise level standards into Corporate Systems platform architecture.Influence enterprise standards based on technical drivers for Corporate Systems.
- Lead the definition, execution, and assessment of proof of concepts for new technology capabilities and architecture paradigms
- Partner with peers across Software Engineering to incorporate efforts happening across the organization into Corporate Systems, as well as influence them on architecture transformation
- 10 - 14 years experience with BS/BA; 8 -12 years experience with Masters; 6 - 10 years with experience with PhD; 16 - 20 years experience without a Bachelor's Degree.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with Software Engineering concepts and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with modern software architecture and design principles and patterns
- Experience architecting highly available, distributed, performant, and operationally resilient systems
- Experience designing solutions and architectures that incorporate heterogeneous technologies including custom developed applications using multiple technology stacks, COTS applications, and SaaS.
- Experience in vendor relationship management, vendor selection, RFI/RFP process, Statement of Work is highly desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Java/.NET/OO languages and principles
- Proven capacity to lead and influence matrix based project team members and work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
- Experience in DevOps environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in agile development and continuous delivery practices is highly desirable.
- Must be politically savvy, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, plan and control multiple concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
- Must display strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and leadership and relationship skills with ability to influence others without having direct authority.
- Proven ability to sell solutions, persuade cross-functional group, garner support for solutions and bring group to a consensus
- Has in-depth knowledge of one or more key technologies that are relevant to ESI’s business
- Ability to effectively work across multiple levels of technical detail, and zoom in/out to adjust to project lifecycle and audience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran