Express Scripts Population Health Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Population Health Manager (PHM) monitors population-level clinical metric performance (such as medication adherence) and analyzes potential, client-level options in order to improve the clinical metrics. The PHM coordinates interventions to ensure Express Scripts meets the client’s clinical goals. Interventions include but are not limited to managing the creation of new utilization management, overseeing custom communication campaigns to members, engaging clinician partners in connecting with physicians or directly with members.
- The PHM supports quality, safety, and trend initiatives within the Express Scripts clinical solutions department.
- The primary focus is to ensure that all clinical performance metrics are monitored and on target to exceed goals.
- The PHM serves as a liaison to a variety of internal and external teams, provides timely responses to inquiries, and maintains a record of activities and results, as appropriate.
- The PHM works well independently, as well as collaboratively including with account teams to ensure ESI clients and patients receive superior service.
- The PHM assists the account team in identifying business solutions that meet client needs and helps incorporate them into the annual strategic plan using their deep, specialized knowledge.
- In working with the clinical team, the PHM helps identify medication utilization issues related to formulary and drug plan design.
- Communicates to clients data -based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM.
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills required. Proven team leadership skills, a proactive management style, and strong commitment to client service a must.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills are necessities. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Must have ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
- Knowledge of PBM industry/Managed care/Value Based healthcare industry is desirable.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must. Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks,
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, which is housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 83 million members to make better drug, pharmacy and health choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledgeable Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran