Express Scripts Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Intern in St. Louis, Missouri
The Express Scripts internship program offers paid, real-life experience with a Fortune 25 company that’s more than just coffee and copies. You’ll help put medicine within reach for millions of Americans and gain valuable knowledge of the healthcare world.
Personal and professional development opportunities will be provided through executive speaker series, community building, career mentoring, and public speaking opportunities. Each intern will own one or more specific department projects. The projects involve collaboration with other departments, research, reviewing processes and performing data analysis.
The summer 12-week internship program concludes with a final presentation to peers and leaders on their project(s).
- Conduct research related to ESI and its clients.
- Perform data analysis and assist in data reporting as needed.
- Makes or assists in making oral or written presentations to management.
- Collaborate with other functional areas on various projects as needed.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor degree program or advanced degree program with a graduation date of January 2019 or later.
- Junior or Senior-level students with a 3.0 GPA status or above preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate the following characteristics: driven, compassionate, and curious.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
- Availability to work 40 hours a week.
- Summer internship program is from mid-May through beginning of August.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of PBM Services is to meet market needs for speed, flexibility and reliability, while driving and influencing best operational practices to make Express Scripts the most competitive and effective PBM. PBM Services includes Client and Benefit Administration, Direct Claims Processing, Coverage Review Determination, Eligibility, Quality Control and Strategic Planning. These centralized service organizations support the client lifecycle throughout the enterprise to help Express Scripts “get it right the first time” to increase client satisfaction and reduce waste and the cost of rework.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran