Express Scripts Pharmacy Automation Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
Pharmacy Automation Engineerprovides high-level technical support and mentors and assigns special projects to Sr. Level Technicians. This position is primarily responsible for providing first-level process controls support for the highly - automated pharmaceutical packaging system. In addition, key responsibilities will involve implementing equipment and system upgrades (engineering change controls and continuous improvements), supporting installations involving upgrades or equipment expansions, and supporting Return-on-Investment (ROI) - based analysis for driving and justifying continuous improvements. Perform emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance activities. Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow and assembly methods.Aid in setting and supporting scheduling of corrective repair activities.
- Troubleshoot, install and repair automated production equipment, to include applications, data/information, electrical, robotic programming, electrical controls and PLC programming.
- Responsible for the technical support of robot and PLC based hardware and software.
- Performs advanced level troubleshooting on automated equipment by using and understanding electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings and schematics, and using special test equipment and tools.
- Document all emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance work via work orders associated withComputerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS - MAXIMO).
- Plan and implement automated equipment related to new ideas and processes.
- Work with developers, designers and production engineers to improve quality of processes and/or machines, analysis of design and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Communicates with management on project goals and status.
- Drives improvement.
- Provides technical training for Electro - Mechanical Technicians as well as other Pharmacy Automation Engineers.
- Participates in continuous improvement studies, statistical analysis and functional reviews of unit operations.
- Performs other assignments and special projects in collaboration with the development and senior engineering teams.
- Ensures system availability by providing high-level technical support.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Works with developers and vendors to provide expert judgment and analysis regarding the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Works with operations partners to understand operating systems and assist in disaster recovery of automation equipment.
- Performs root cause analysis for reliability events and related deficiencies.
- Ensures equipment parts in inventory accuracy and availability by checking our required items from existing inventories.
- Occasionally orders parts and materials required for maintenance such as equipment rebuilds or project related jobs.
- 2-5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 0-2 years of experience with a Master's degree; 8-11 years experience with no Bachelor's degree.
- Troubleshooting automated control systems in an emergency and corrective maintenance capacity within a production environment is preferred.
- MS Office Applications.
- Experience with automation software to include RS Logix 500 and 5000, RSView, Cognex, DEVICENET, and FANUC/ADEPT robotics.
- Advanced electro/mechanical/pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Competent use of all tools and procedures needed to maintain and repair precision electro - mechanical machinery.
- Ability to work outside of normal shift hours including the occasional weekend as needed to satisfy operational requirements in support of customer demand.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to other Express Scripts facilities or vendor training sites as needed.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
At the forefront of our technology solutions, Architecture is responsible for crafting and driving our framework strategy and works hand-in-hand with technology and business leaders to develop and evolve the architecture. Helping bring innovative ideas to life, the team is relied upon to help navigate the complexities involved with continually evolving platforms in the health care space. If you’re a hands-on architect who thrives in a fast-paced development environment, look no further.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.