Express Scripts .Net Software Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
The .Net Software Engineer / Developer is responsible for designing and supporting both an internal enrollment and case management application as well as two external web portals.
- Serves as a technology SME for the Ensures the most efficient application development practices are adhered to and tested to provide top quality products to the business owners.
- Establishes relationships with business product owners to drive discovery, analysis, design, implementation and execution of custom software applications.Also develops strong working relationships with internal and cross-functional business partners to ensure achievement of operational and client goals.
- Improves application quality and reliability by implementing good standards and processes. Increase productivity by implementing tools and processes. Serves as the technology go-to person on any technical questions.
- Resolves complex technical issues. Ensures quality is maintained by following development patterns and standards. Designs and builds prototypes i.e. the Rapid Prototype, which becomes the application system.
- Defines physical program units and data structures based on the logical model to satisfy the requirements of the application. Prepares deployment and post deployment plans to support the conversion and deployment of the solution.
- Interacts with architects, analysts, project managers, developers, customer representatives, and QA managers to ensure that application solution meets customer needs.Able to interface with ESI director level management for technical briefings, status reports, etc.
- Designs application solutions based on detailed application requirements, and define data structures and data sources to satisfy the application solution.
- Participates in efforts affecting large-scale, highly complex, cross-functional/platform environments.
- Spends majority of time providing direction across large teams at all levels but capable of solid individual performance when required.
- Shares knowledge, coaches, and mentors others in area of expertise.
- Serves as technical lead in area of expertise.
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ year’s application development experience.
- Experience with web, and client server application development.For reference - the ESI technology stack includes:C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later), Teradata, T-SQL, VBA, Business Objects, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Share Point.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran.