Express Scripts Legal Counsel in St. Louis, Missouri
This position will join our team supporting our PBM Sales and Account Management organization. Duties will consist primarily of counseling the organization on legal matters relating to the PBM industry and operations and negotiating PBM agreements between Express Scripts and external clients (health plans, government entities and employer groups/labor unions).
- Negotiate complex legal documents, including PBM client agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and data protection agreements directly with external clients and their counsel.
- Provide day-to-day legal counseling on miscellaneous regulatory issues affecting the PBM industry.
- Provide legal support to the Sales and Account Management organization and other internal business partners supporting PBM clients (finance, audit, etc.).
- Think strategically with partners from other areas of the business to advise on new business offerings, identify legal or regulatory challenges and present effective solutions.
- Work with other internal legal counsel to identify legal issues with potential cross-functional impact.
- Law degree from an accredited school of law with a license in good standing to practice law.
- 1-3 years contracting experience; health care industry experience a plus but not required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; ability to think strategically and advise the company on new product offerings.
- Superior writing and drafting skills a must.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients and internal business partners, both verbally and in writing.
- Must produce top quality work product, have good attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Legal department is ultimately tasked with protecting the Express Scripts brand. Our teams of attorneys and legal professionals oversee contracting activities and licensing, ensure corporate and SEC compliance, and support merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company’s public affairs efforts at the federal and state levels. When hiring for this team, we look for professionals with passion, enthusiasm and integrity to help us sustain the best-in-class service we provide to our clients every day.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.