Express Scripts HR Business Partner in St. Louis, Missouri
The HR Business Partner delivers HR solutions and expertise to the assigned client group through the design and implementation of Human Resources strategies that support enterprise initiatives to achieve business results and enable sustainable growth.
In partnership with leaders, this role drives and facilitates the development of culture and key capabilities to maintain a productive, diverse and engaged workforce, comprised of the best talent available. The HRBP provides an enterprise wide perspective for leaders to align talent strategy with corporate and business unit goals and objectives ensuring a return on investment.
In partnership with Business Leaders, the Centers of Excellence and Shared Services, this role drives strategic program recommendations, development, prioritization and deployment in talent management, employee development, compensation, performance management, organizational transformation, change management and workforce effectiveness for their assigned client group. This partnership will represent the Voice of the Business within HR as well as the Voice of HR for the Business.
- HR Strategy: Lead key HR strategies and initiatives across the enterprise and multiple/large, complex business units. Responsible for developing effective relationships with key business leaders at the VP level by providing strategic, integrated advice and direction on business issues with HR implications. Demonstrate an effective level of business literacy about the client’s business strategy, financial position, mid-range plans, culture and competition, marketplace challenges, trends, etc. while also understanding HR industry trends in order to provide cutting edge solutions aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with business leaders, HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Shared Services to develop plans and actions that align to client goals and strategies and impact broad talent strategies, organizational design, employee engagement and organizational culture. Oversee the management of talent planning and succession planning activities across multiple leaders; identify gaps and critical roles to prepare the organization for the future. Provide input and feedback on COE programs and practices and recommend strategic solutions aligned to client goals. Collaborate with COE to develop specialized solutions.
- Metrics & Outcomes: Implement and interpret human capital metrics to support business objectives. Proactively utilize data to identify issues and predict outcomes. Partner with senior leaders to recognize trends and develop recommendations.
- Trusted Advisor: Provide guidance for highly escalated, complex and sensitive cases in the areas of employee relations, performance management and legal/contractual requirements which have been escalated by Shared Services and COE partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- PHR/SPHR certification or SHRM CP or SCP Certification preferred.
- Prior HR or business experience heavily involved in human capital strategy including driving cultural change, change management, talent strategy, succession planning and organizational design.
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships and working strategically with business leadership to develop relationships and gain an in-depth understanding the business strategy and how it links to Talent & HR strategy. Experience supporting sales and account management leadership with HR/Talent Management strategy is desirable.
- Self-starter who thrives in a changing, fast-paced environment with minimal structure.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively deliver presentations, facilitation and coaching/training.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a willingness to be hands-on to support the team and business as needed.
- Trusted advisor who can effectively influence, coach and consult with senior leaders.
- Strong skills in analysis, interpretation and judgment of data.
- Continuous learner with significant knowledge of HR policies, people processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), talent management practices and employment law.
- Aptitude for technology including proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and HRIS systems.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Human Resources department ensures that we manage and support our most valuable investment – our people! Whether we’re hiring the next wave of great talent, shaping company policy, making improvements to our total rewards program or providing development and growth opportunities across the business, there’s no shortage of great work to be done. On top of that, we’re continually working to drive employee engagement and foster a diverse and inclusive culture.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.