Express Scripts Financial Analyst, Pricing in St. Louis, Missouri
The Pricing Analyst role will be responsible for all specialty pricing activities in supporting Sales and Account Management (SAM) for renewing and new sales clients. The Pricing Analyst will develop client-specific specialty pricing strategies with competitive offers in the marketplace for all requests. These requests may include Request for Proposals (RFPs), Direct Renewals and Market Checks. The Pricing Analyst will also provide specialty pricing support for all ad hoc analyses (i.e. evaluating a change in formulary request, evaluating a change in retail network or retail arrangement request retail requests, evaluating a change in specialty arrangement request, etc.) with a potential financial impact. The Pricing Analyst will be required to gain in-depth knowledge of the PBM Industry and ESI-specific pricing methods. The Pricing Analyst will be required to follow the Specialty Pricing Guidelines provided by ESI’s Pricing Governance Team.
- Provide specialty pricing support to SAM for renewing and new sales clients by developing client-specific pricing strategies with competitive offers in the marketplace for RFPs, Direct Renewal and Market Checks.
- Provide specialty pricing support to SAM for all ad hoc analyses which have a potential financial impact.
- Provide support related to contracting process and install process for Health Plan Division renewing and new sales clients.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to ensure we are proposing financial offers in alignment with Pricing Guidelines.
- Ensure consistent approach to market and BA’s.
- Support Strat Plan, Budget, and Forecast development of Rate Relief, Pass-Through Shortfall, and Gross Margin.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or 8 to 11 years of experience.
- 2-5 years Pricing/Underwriting experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong business and organizational skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication - present in front of both small and large groups.
- Must be able to explain complex terms in simple ways.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Create and run queries against Express Scripts database.
- Experience with SQL/Access a plus.
- Modeling, trending and forecasting skills a plus.
- Develop Excel models to analyze and explain cost trends.
- Create PowerPoint presentations that detail financial performance.
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.