Express Scripts Drug Sourcing Risk Management Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
The Drug Sourcing Risk Management Analyst assists in facilitating monitoring, evaluation and analysis of risks within the pharmaceutical supply chain, providing recommendations to minimize supply disruptions to the participants of the Group Purchasing Organization, Econdisc and continuously refining analytics and risk mitigation strategies.Responsible for maintaining the risk management database, develop reports and dashboards and work collaboratively with the contracting team to update the risk profiles of their respective vendors. Assist the Director in working with the external vendors to obtain risk data, evaluate risk events, report on their risk profiles and evaluate their manufacturing facilities. Collaboratively manage internal partnerships across broader supply chain organization, pharmacy operations, legal, compliance, and other functions as necessary to perform these duties.
- Maintains Risk Management Database that includes performing ongoing updates of risk events, changes to product portfolio, manufacturing facilities and vendor profiles; automating data feeds from internal and external databases to update risk elements; real time updating of vendor and risk profiles.
- Developing Risk Reports, Dashboards and Risk Mitigation Playbooks – reports will include vendor risk scorecards, dashboards highlighting various risk drivers, interactive risk mitigation playbooks using innovative risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist Director of Risk Management to identify and implement risk mitigation strategies by reviewing risk scorecards with vendors and contracting directors, monitoring high risk vendors and engaging with vendors to mitigate risks.
- Assist Risk Management team to develop and execute advanced risk analytics tools which include proactive risk models and analyzing financial and supply impact of risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist Risk Management team in risk monitoring that include tracking regulatory and other risk events and assessing risks of various manufacturing facilities.
- Increase knowledge about industry specific risk and risk mitigation best practices by attending various industry seminars and conferences.
- Masters degree in field of Supply Chain Management, Finance or related field or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 or more years of experience in supply chain management, and/or supply chain risk management recommended, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry through professional services or industry experience.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory and other supply disruption risks, supplier control risks, objectives and activities helpful.
- Excellent PC knowledge including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Programming skills including intermediate SQL, Dashboarding (Power BI or Tableau), Web Intelligence tools.
- Background in supply chain process
- Experience in building and running supply chain risk programs
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to manage timelines and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels of management
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and some travel
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharma & Retail Relations team plays a key role in keeping us at the forefront of the health care evolution. Team members oversee partnerships with Express Scripts’ key supplier groups, including brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail pharmacies and drug wholesalers. Successfully maintaining these relationships allows our 100 million patients access to the medicine they need at a price they can afford.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.