Express Scripts Director, Training in St. Louis, Missouri
The Director - Training consults with all levels of the organization to drive operational performance to align with organization goals. Leads the design and development of instructional interventions, just in time support and electronic support tools. Demonstrates leadership and creates a highly effective team adept at identifying the need for change, and creating a clear vision for improvement within the organization by overseeing the design of the appropriate interventions to address issues.
- Consults and partners with Executive Management to evaluate performance needs and drive performance improvement.
- Determines the need for and oversees the design and development of interventions including learning events and other support systems as related to identified objectives and other company-wide initiatives.
- Oversees the creation of job performance blended learning curriculum for all channels.
- Initiates or responds to requests by management to implement interventions on various subjects to improve performance effectiveness within departments.
- Develops and mentors associates in required skills such as front end analysis, instructional design, job aid design, performance auditing, information mapping, training evaluation and others as determined by performance analysis.
- Develops, initiates, and evaluates performance improvement analysis systems.
- Identifies the need for inclusion and leveraging of other resources to complete the processes, including compensation, human resources and workforce re-engineering.
- Creates a progress scorecard for executive-level review and generates reports to clients regarding progress on key initiatives and operational and employee performance.
- Manages content including the selection or building of tools to allow for easy collaboration within departments and provides internal customer tools for easy access to just in time information and other support tools.
- Oversees selection, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software, and learning solutions. Selects, negotiates, partners with and evaluates external vendors.
- Develops evaluation tools to determine effectiveness of interventions including return on investment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience
- Certification in Front End Analysis, Accomplishment Based Design, Job Aid Development; Certified Human Performance Technologist a plus
- Excellent Microsoft® Office skills; Experience in e-learning tools including Captivate, Articulate, Dreamweaver and Raptivity
- Proven history of learning industry credibility with up to date knowledge of best practices in HPT, service excellence and instructional design
- Exceptional consultation skills
- Adept at analysis, design, development and evaluation
- Demonstrated success in leading human performance technology groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of PBM Services is to meet market needs for speed, flexibility and reliability, while driving and influencing best operational practices. PBM Services includes Client and Benefit Administration, Manual Claims Processing, Eligibility, Quality Control, Implementation and the Client Service Center. These centralized functions support the client lifecycle throughout the enterprise, helping to “get it right the first time” and thereby increasing client satisfaction and reducing waste and the cost of rework.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.