Express Scripts Director, Strategic Planning in St. Louis, Missouri
This role will assist in leading a cross-functional team and manage identification and analysis of contract optimization opportunities. The director will interact with and coordinate required deliverables from cross-functional partners in Supply Chain, Finance, IT, Sales & Account Management, Legal, etc. and project manage opportunities from identification through implementation.
This role will assist in the prioritization of identified opportunities based on estimated value to the company as well as risk and strategic direction of specific client/stakeholder contracts; and, this director will make recommendations on go-forward decision or scenarios after presenting assessments. In addition to his/her own value modeling, this person will review deliverables/analyses of our cross-functional partners and assess quality/methodology as well as provide suggestions for improvements.
This person will present to Supply Chain leadership as well as Sales & Account Management leadership regularly on specific financial opportunities as well as on broader initiatives. Management of an opportunity is seeing it from identification through implementation and value delivery. The responsibilities will not be complete upon submission of a service request. Follow-up/post implementation analysis with downstream stakeholders will be required.
This Director will partner as needed with other Supply Chain strategy teams to vet new value-enhancement concepts, validate modeling/estimates and propose alternative contract language (with Legal) to capture and protect those concepts in future years.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience.
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to deliver value to the company
- Ability to communicate effectively to various audiences/levels including leadership; ability to take a complex financial/pricing issue/problem and deconstruct it into a concise, impactful message to leaders
- Ability to present material both formally and informally to leaders
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- High-level of confidence, integrity, enthusiasm, executive presence
- Ability to manage cross-functional partners; Comfortable working with complex data sets and queries
- Willingness to share opinions and take risk.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and across the organization
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Legal department is ultimately tasked with protecting the Express Scripts brand. Our teams of attorneys and legal professionals oversee contracting activities and licensing, ensuring corporate and SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company’s public affairs efforts at the federal and state levels. When hiring for this team, we look for professionals with passion, enthusiasm, and integrity to help us sustain the best-in-class service we provide to our clients every day.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran