Express Scripts Director, Rebate Accounting in St. Louis, Missouri
The Director is primarily responsible for leading accounting activities to ensure a complete and accurate general ledger. This includes accounting for rebate invoicing, accruals and payments for receivables as well as reconciling rebate payables. This position will manage team members and work with the team and other departments to research and resolve issues. Furthermore, this position is responsible for ensuring complete and accurate financial statements are created to meet reporting responsibilities. This position will serve as a liaison between the organization and auditors.
- Lead U.S. Rebate accounting team
- Supervise month end responsibilities:
- Review and analyze monthly financial accruals for Manufacturer receivables and Rebates payables
- Review and analyze rollforwards and reconciliations for Manufacturer Receivables, Rebates Payable and other balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure accurate accounting and accounting control procedures are established and maintained.
- Ensure accurate consolidation and intercompany accounting occurs with the broader Express Scripts and Cigna entities (as it relates to Rebates).
- Review and analyze annual financial statement(s).
- Serve, as a key contact of financial statement audits and responsible for coordination and process of the audits.
- Contribute to audits as needed.
- Collaborate with other Accounting members as necessary.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience, CPA preferred.
- 10-12 years accounting and finance experience.
- Strong attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills are critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Self-starter and team player.
- Ability to lead by example and provide coaching for development of staff.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of business operations and processes.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Demonstrated customer service and relationship building skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate departmental and project deadlines.
- PC skills, Microsoft Office programs, Strong Excel skills with the ability to easily learn new software.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.