Express Scripts Director, Project Management in St. Louis, Missouri
This position would provide business direction and project management for strategic projects. This role would manage cross-functional strategic planning projects, provide content/idea creation, work cross-functionally, develop strategic planning communications (verbal and written), and be responsible for directing, managing and synthesizing strategic topics. They will work closely with Finance and Technology to ensure opportunities and investments are appropriately reflected in financials. They will be responsible for development and maintenance of marketing plans, communication plans, schedules, estimates, and resource plans.
- Provides business direction and project management for strategic projects.
- Analysis of complex situations, distillation of the issues into strategic options and driving to appropriate conclusions.
- Defines project scope, deliverables, work plans and decisions.
- Lead large cross-functional project efforts with all parts of organization.
- Manages tight deadlines, scope and converging opinions to solutions in timely manner.
- Ensures project delivers business operational needs and requirements.
- Manages budget parameters.
- Communication solutions for a unique client – both written and verbal.
- Develops and maintain marketing plans.
- Develops detailed communications plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans.
- Revises finalist materials to support prospecting and finalist opportunities.
- Partners on growth issues and assist in sales activities including finalist presentations, decks, RFP’s and finalist coordination.
- Develop executive communications including presentation slides and analysis.
- Verbal executive communication.
- Actively participates in meetings.
- Handle high-pressure environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Actively prepares for future needs/other projects.
- Accommodates for current and changing needs.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience.
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive project management skills using various programs to prepare and execute business plans.
- Microsoft office applications; Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage complex analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions.
- Ability to travel as needed.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
To aid the organization in our mission of helping to achieve a more sustainable health care system and better health for all, members of the Business Development team must do one thing really well: form strategic relationships that allow Express Scripts to grow and increase shareholder value.