Express Scripts Director, Operations Forecasting & Analytics in St. Louis, Missouri
Accurate demand forecasts are essential for managing the cost and quality of the service we provide to our customers. As the Director of Forecasting & Analytics, you are responsible for the strategy, management, and ongoing improvement of our customer service long- term forecasting models.
This is a high visibility role that works across the MSHD senior leadership team. The primary goal is to help our contact centers understand the impact of variables on our forecast and to identify how it should respond tactically. The position requires advanced leadership skills, the ability to develop effective partnerships within the team and across the organization, and the analytical expertise to deliver forecasting models that are both statistically sound and easily explained.
- Lead a team of forecasting professionals responsible for developing and managing long range forecasting, capacity/demand planning, and monitoring operational performance.
- Analyze customer data such as contact volume, communications, shipping logistics, and product lifecycles to build, maintain and improve inbound contact forecasting models.
- Partner with teams across the broader enterprise to understand operational processes and requirements, and to identify continuous improvement strategies.
- Develop intelligent forecasting tools to provide a clear view of future workforce requirements, expenditures, and risks.
- Leverage data and predictive analysis to clearly articulate problems and influence decisions that support the strategic direction.
- Advise senior management of potential budgetary risks and coordinate with appropriate departments to resolve gaps, output issues, or other problems.
- Collaborate with operations leaders and business partners to report on budget performance and proactively recommend improvements.
- Cultivate passion for a data driven organization.
- Recommend, develop, and implement key performance indicators to improve business results.
- Identify and implement technology and other tools to improve workforce planning and workforce management.
- Identify and plan for special causes such as spikes or changes in demand, client campaigns, product lifecycle, weather factors, and system outages.
- Communicate key information across the enterprise to build awareness of volume, metrics and significant variations in performance.
- BA/BS in Statistical Analysis, Applied Mathematics, Supply Chain, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or 16-20 years equivalent work experience. Master’s/MBA degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a business operations analyst with forecasting and budgeting experience.
- Proven experience in modeling sequential data, statistical forecasting, and time series models (ARIMA, SARIMA with seasonality & trends).
- Skilled at delivering analytics metrics, KPIs, and reporting packages.
- Experience with statistical modeling languages (R, SQL, Python, Excel).
- Ability to articulate analytical results to a non-analytical audience.
- Experience managing people, both individual contributors and people leaders, as well as large groups.
- Ability to act as a liaison between vendors, customers and production staff, as well as other departments within the company.
- Proven leadership abilities.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Member Service and Home Delivery Organization (MSHD) is comprised of a national network of wholly-owned home delivery pharmacies and patient care contact centers. The Operations Forecasting team helps MSHD achieve its business goals by optimizing operational performance. This is accomplished using a shared service model with specialized resources who provide cross-functional insights and support in order to ensure quality outcomes for our members and clients.
MSHD includes several key teams: Pharmacy Operations, Contact Center Operations, Communications Experience Delivery, Strategy & Transformation, Pharmacy Practice, and Quality & Process Improvement.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran