Express Scripts Director of Sales, Data Analytics in St. Louis, Missouri
The primary function of the Director of Sales, Data Analytics, is to champion the sales process in a respective market for prospective clients and strategic market opportunities. The sales process includes the development and execution of strategies and/or tactics in the following areas: Market Development, Prospecting and Relationship Development, Proposal Development, Pricing Development, Presentation Development and Delivery, Negotiations, Closing and Contracting. Success will be measured by achievement of sales targets based on Revenue and Profitability.
- Drive the sales process including the development and execution of strategies and/or tactics in the following areas; Market Development, Prospecting and Relationship Development, Proposal Development, Pricing Development, Presentation Development and Delivery, Negotiation, Closing and Contracting
- Accountable for market development including the development of an overall sales strategy along with a tactical plan structured to ensure that sales targets are met
- Build relationships with intermediaries with the goal of obtaining more opportunities. Work to proactively get in front of prospects, build relationships and increase win rates
- Partner with Sales & Account Management leaders within our other lines of business (including PBM, Accredo, Curascript and Evicore) to identify new data and analytics sales opportunities with current clients and prospects
- Establish cross-functional relationships and deals that maximize value across the company
- Identify new data and analytic product opportunities based on market requirements and collaborate with product development to develop product specifications and development plans
- Expertise and experience selling Data an Analytic solutions into the Insurance and Financial Services markets
- Current relationships in the respective markets that can immediately be leveraged for prospecting
- 10-15 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 8-12 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge how PBM data and analytics can be leveraged to drive value in a respective market
- Adept at identifying prospects and developing key relationships
- Proven ability to consistently generate a high level of sales
- Leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style with a strong commitment to sales and client service.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross functional with multiple departments to gain consensus and move projects and initiatives forward
- Ability to travel
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, which is housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 83 million members to make better drug, pharmacy and health choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledgeable Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all. We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges.
We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.